I took redundancy from local government in 2017 with the plan of building up a portfolio of consultancy work – to pay the bills – and to do lots more within the community.
My work since has ranged from supporting small charities to Interim Management roles in the public sector. I’ve also set up my own Ltd company – Wonderfuller Ltd – through which I will deliver consultancy, training and workshops.
I specialise in Appreciative Inquiry which is a great way to connect people and build communities. At its heart is dicovering what gives life. What bring your organisation to life, your community, yourself? Appreciative Inquiry uses positive psychology, story-telling and collective intelligence to build better futures.
Things you can hire me to do:
- Build your engagement and communications strategy – be that for small or large-scale change with internal, external stakeholders or both
- Organise and/for facilitate consultation or public engagement events (I’m a superb presenter and speaker; so all my feedback tells me!)
- Focus groups and market research – including surveys as well as face to face events/interviews
- Training courses – how to use Appreciative Inquiry and other engagement topics: eg Open Space and World Cafe, strength-based change, connecting people through story-telling, Creative a Positive Revolution – for community activists and organisations (delivered with Graham Burnett)
- Community outreach and engagement
- Auditing community assets – what do they have, what do they need
- Service re-design – especially via co-production